SUMMER BERRY PAVLOVA
This delicious dessert was the perfect compliment to an end of summer dinner. The meringues were fluffy and decadent while the whipped cream was tart and delicious with the addition of Greek yogurt. All of these ingredients were found at SPUD.ca. Scroll down to the bottom for my special coupon code for $20 off your first order with them!
For the meringue
- 6 large free-range egg whites (Rabbit River Farms Organic)
- 1 1/2 cups of Organic Icing Sugar
- 1 pinch sea salt
For the pavlova
- Preheat the oven to 300°F. Put your (yummy + organic) egg whites into a clean bowl and whisk them at a medium speed until they start to form nice firm peaks.
- With your mixer still running, gradually add the sugar and a pinch of salt. Turn the mixer up to the highest setting and whisk for 7-8 minutes more until the meringue is white, glossy and smooth. If it feels grainy, whisk for a little bit longer, being careful not to let the meringue collapse.
- Line two baking trays with baking paper. Divide the meringue mixture evenly between them and shape each blob into a circle. Put both trays into the oven and bake for 1 hour until the meringues look slightly golden and are fluffy in the middle.
- Halve or quarter the large strawberries and leave the smaller ones whole. Mix them with the raspberries. Whip the cream with the sugar until it forms soft peaks, then stir in the yogurt and fold in the vanilla. Spoon half the cream mixture on top of one of the meringue halves and smooth it out. Sprinkle half of your berries evenly around the cream mixture. Place the other meringue on top and press down gently to stick them together. Spread the remaining cream mixture over the top layer and sprinkle the remaining berries on top. Scatter over a few small mint leaves and enjoy!
If you are interested in getting $20 of free groceries be sure to use my referral code: CRCAL-KUCKAI when you shop!
Spud.ca provided me with all of the delicious, fresh ingredients for this Summer Berry Pavlova in hopes that I would create something tasty in order to become a SPUD Ambassador. This recipe was adapted from Jamie Oliver’s pavlova recipe. Keep your fingers crossed for me!
Some other fun things to note: SPUD will be carrying all things pet related shortly; they are working on becoming a one-stop shop & no more hauling those awful heavy bags home from the store!
They also now have a 2nd delivery day for more areas of the city and are continually adding more, huge news for many so spread the word to those who may have been SPUD.ca adverse for this reason.