It is not even quite November yet and I am already SO excited to embrace 2012’s holiday season. I’m not sure if you are anything like me, but year after year I have every good intention of getting my Christmas shopping done well in advance, yet somehow that plan always gets abandoned and I find myself frantically searching for those perfect gifts. This year will be different and I hope to help you (and myself!) find some extra special gifts for the amazing people in our lives.
This is the first installment of a little holiday shopping series I am working on with The CORE leading up to their incredible second annual Christmas shopping night event, T’was The Night. I was in attendance last year and let me tell you that there was every bit of glitz, glamour and music that you would expect from a sparkly holiday shopping party. There was so much charm to the evening, with the massive Christmas tree lighting to delicious treats and giftwrapping services – it almost felt like you were in one of those 1950s Christmas movies in the department stores of the past. I loved it.
Since it isn’t officially the holiday season until we say bye-bye to our carved pumpkins, today I am sharing my favourite things to gift yourself before you begin your Christmas shopping expedition. We all need those perfect items to keep us looking good, hydrated and within budget and I’ve got the perfect finds right here to get your started!
01. The perfect gift is only truly perfect if it is wrapped up beautifully as well. While you can always go with the classic brown paper packages tied up with string route, I am opting for something a bit more opulent. Papyrus, located on the main level of The CORE, has an absolutely incredible selection of wrapping papers for just about every occasion. Their holiday collection is stunning and comes in classic prints like a red tartan and Santa’s sleigh imagery. My fave of the bunch? The gorgeous and quirky Owls in Trees papers!
02. A unique Christmas card is honestly hard to come by which is why this hilarious card stopped me dead in my holiday shopping tracks. More than just books, Indigo has a great selection of holiday cards and gifts. This card will do any mantel proud this holiday season.
03. Avoid the last minute hustle and bustle (and dipping into your savings) by using this handy-dandy money and receipt tracker. Keep your shopping lists for all the special people in your life along with your spending budget, it really is the perfect solution to temptation of impulse buys and straying off budget.
04. I fell in love with this gorgeous red leather tote from the GAP on first look alone. Boxy and roomy, this tote will have the mileage and room to take you from one end of The Core and back. And hey, you might as well look real good while you find the perfect gifts for your loved ones.
05. Beyond your money & receipt holder, you’ll also need a secure and bigger than normal wallet to hold on to gift cards, gift receipts and coupons. This snakeskin zip wallet has enough glamour to it that you can take it out shopping and then out for a drink after.
06. Quite possibly the most important item on the list, you are gonna need something cute to tote around your caffeine while you peruse the shops. This to-go tumbler from Starbucks caught my eye with its lovely copper glint – who says you can’t have practicality and beauty rolled into one?
Check out The CORE Shopping Blog for more posts!
All gifts found at The CORE.
01. Wrapping Papers, Papyrus, $8.95-$9.95 / 02. Ugly Sweaters Christmas Card, Indigo, $13.00 / 03. Money Receiptables Folder, Indigo, $15.99 / 04. Red Leather Tote, GAP, $125 / 05. Piper Wallet, Club Monaco, $98.50 / 06. Starbucks Anniversary Tumbler, $14.95